Tuesday, November 04, 2008

Summer Blueberry picking

I remember as a kid traveling to various farms around Antioch, CA and picking cherries, apricots, strawberries and other fruit. It was always great fun, picking some for later and picking some to eat right then. But as I grew up all those farms became housing developments and I wasn't able to do that anymore. That changed once we moved to Seattle, WA. There are many U-pick farms in the a one-hour driving radius of Seattle. You can go here and see many of them.

Unfortunately my wife and I were not able to go to any of the U-pick farms this year. But, last year we did, and it was a blast. We went to the Bybee-Nims farm and picked blueberries. The farm in itself is just gorgeous and the blueberries are delicious. I am bummed that I was not able to make it out this year.

If you have the chance I highly recommend going to one of the U-pick farms in the area. It is great fun, you get to eat what you pick and it is a lot cheaper then at the store.

No comments: