Monday, February 08, 2010

Seattle in Neon

The fifth best thing in Seattle, for me, is its neon signs. There are so many wonderful neon signs in Seattle, from the typical hum drum to the outrageous, from the small to the huge. They are located all over town. There is even a neon graveyard and the start of a museum.

One of my ongoing personal projects is to document them. I am photographing the signs in context and up close, sometimes this is the same photo, but other times this will be a couple of photographs. Throughout the rest of the year I will be posting these signs. I have actually posted one neon sign already, the Top Pot Doughnuts sign.
Here is a photo of Ralph's Grocery & Deli.

In a couple of weeks I will also be documenting my favorite thing about Seattle, but you will have to wait for that.

No comments: