Friday, January 29, 2010

KEXP bringing back memories with music

I was listening to KEXP this morning, when John in the Morning played some Johnny Cash. I don't know why but it brought up this memory of mine.

I was with my dad at the "Men's Fishing Trip", insert tool time man's laugh here, in the Fall of 2006 I believe. Both of us had just come out of the big wood river after fly fishing it pretty hard, drinking our soda and eating a bit of lunch. When a big SUV drove up filled with all guys that were in their late 70's early 80's. They all piled out and started gearing up to do some fly fishing. Getting their big waders out, lugging them on, putting on their socks and shoes. It was a big event. While all of this was happening the driver, also in his late 70's early 80's was blaring Johnny Cash. Completely and utterly rocking out to it. To the point of bragging about how he sold the most albums ever, etc etc. It was great to see.

I love how music can do this to people at any age.Here are a couple of pictures of KEXP when I got to do a little walk through back in October, 2009.

No comments: