Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Wind Power










I was down in California for a weekend and I got to drive my old college route from Davis to Antioch. I always went the back ways through Dixon and Rio Vista. Well it has been a while since I have driven that route and boy has some of it changed. Yep, those HUGE windmills are new. I mean HUGE. Look at the portrait picture, down at the base of the windmill is a car. Not just a small car but a big suv. I mean HUGE!. Wow is all I could think and had to stop and take some pictures on the drive.

There used to be windmills out there to generate power, but never this big. But these big behemoths have their advantages. They generate a good amount of power and turn slowly giving birds a chance not to be filleted when flying by. They are also very fun to photograph.

No comments: